Mike Serovey - Business

This is Mike Serovey Enterprises' blog. YOU will find articles related to running a small or home-based business here as well as some of the personal thoughts and experiences of Mike Serovey as he builds his own business by helping others to build their businesses.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

How to Boost your Opt-Ins WITHOUT Pop-Ups!

This is another one of the old articles that I had on my site at http://www.mikeseroveyenterprises.com. I hope that you can benefit form the advice given by Steve Shaw here. The link to the Lead Factory is now dead, but his advice is still sound otherwise.

How to Boost your Opt-Ins WITHOUT Pop-Ups!
Copyright © 2004 Steve Shaw

In this article I'll explain a powerful method you can use to radically boost your opt-in levels, without any use of Pop-Ups whatsoever!

Let's be honest, the number of opt-in subscribers you can attain via the use of a popup on your web site is limited to a proportion of the amount of traffic you receive. If, like most web sites, the number of unique visitors you receive every day is limited to a few hundred or less, your opt-in list will perhaps not grow as fast as you would like.

It's still important to use a popup to capture as many subscriptions as you can from your visitors, but did you know there are other complimentary ways in which you can grow your list?

One method we all hear about of course is to submit your ezine listing to the various ezine directories that abound over the internet - but there are so many ezines and newsletters nowadays, you may have been better putting your energies elsewhere.

Did you know that there are various services that allow you to purchase subscribers for your mailing list?

"What!", I hear you say, "I don't want to spend any money 'buying subscribers', that's ridiculous!"

Well, think about it for a second.

All internet marketers acknowledge that every one of their subscribers has a certain monetary value over the lifetime of their subscription. The actual value of this depends on many factors, and it would be another subject entirely to go into this in any depth, but if you have a well run ezine, this value in the long term (say a twelve month period) should far surpass what you might pay for the individual subscriber.

So how does it work?

The 'lead provider' will advertise your ezine in various places on the internet, usually paying a percentage of the cost of each subscriber to the publisher of the ad, and then forward the leads to you, either signing them up directly to your list, or sending you a report containing the leads collected over a certain time period. This means that every one of those leads have 'opted in' to your list, without going anywhere near your web site (or your popup!)

The key, of course, is finding a reputable service that can deliver quality leads.

After a conversation with an online colleague and customer who had recently started purchasing leads, and who was very happy with the results he had achieved, I started to look into using a similar service for my own list.

So I spent some time researching the various services available - I had so many questions like how much I had to pay per subscriber, what the quality of those subscriptions and email addresses actually were, how credible and reliable the service was, and so on. I certainly didn't want to lose money down the drain.

To be honest, the majority of services I wasn't too impressed with, but I found one that stood out from the crowd at http://takanomi.com/go/LeadFactory.html. The most likely reason was that the service had been endorsed by well-known guys I respected like Jim Daniels, Terry Dean and Willie Crawford, and that it seemed incredibly flexible to fit in with your own requirements. It was all done automatically, no heavy files to have to manually load up myself (unless I actually wanted to do that of course), and they even gave you an extra 10% subscribers to (over-)compensate for the odd undeliverable or duplicate.

So...after spending some more time looking around the site, ensuring that it met my needs, and even contacting David Beroff personally, one of the guys who runs the service, I gave it a whirl.

Their service is a little more expensive than most, though you pay for what you get, and I wanted quality and reliability, and that's exactly what they delivered. The subscribers started coming through almost immediately and boosted my opt-in list more rapidly than I had ever seen previously.

Although they don't direct the subscribers to my site, my sales went up too as a result of the free PopUp Masters ecourse I offer, so it was a very good result all round.

The only difficulty occurred when I suddenly stopped getting subscribers coming through - the LeadFactory team leapt on the issue at once. It turned out that the problem was with my autoresponder changing some mail filtering procedures on their server rather than LeadFactory, so they temporarily shut down the campaign until it was resolved, and gave me all the help I could ask for in supplying the relevant information to my autoresponder. They also manually sent me the details of all the subscribers, so I didn't miss out at all. Their customer service, from my own first hand experience, is excellent.

So, if you want to start boosting your opt-ins faster than a PopUp on the average web site could ever hope to do, I would thoroughly recommend the service from http://takanomi.com/go/LeadFactory.html.
------------------------
Steve Shaw creates systems and software for effective e-marketing. His ListInferno.com site allows you to get thousands of 100% 0pt-In leads for your list - for free. For more details visit:
http://ListInferno.com
------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home